So, I have been slacking on my Blogging 101 assignments. Life has been pulling me in multiple directions lately. I have a tendency to constantly fill my time slots up before I have actually confirmed anything…I am a planner, and I need to know the what when where and why of everything. I sound difficult don’t I? Well, I am..so what..probably a good reason as to why I am single, ha!
OK, so now I have to tell you why I wrote my last post. Well honestly, I didn’t like the challenge, it made me think too hard. I posted a silly poem, and every damn line rhymed (open mouth, insert finger, now gag…I said GAG!!, oh, that’s right, no gag reflex..) TMI?
What can I say about it though? It was a new design for me to use in expressing real feelings. It felt uncomfortable posting in that way. I am not sure why. It is easier for me to tell you straight up that this was about a guy, (duh), that I totally dig, (obviously), and the desert was the plot setting cause that’s where I live hahaha..there done and done…wait no? Not done..uughh ok..what else can I say?
Well I switched it up on ya, like a pinch hitter..hey batta-batta-batta-batta….For those of you not so sports inclined..check out the link..yes I am being lazy, I shouldn’t have to explain this. I guess because it WOULD be easier for me to go into detail about how smitten I am over my blue eyed crush. Instead the allure of a poem, leaves a crumb trail without being so blunt..and lets your own imagination soar with it.
I suppose it could also tie in nicely with an older assignment of ours where we had to write about our dream reader. Check out the link …I rather enjoyed that one.
Well, I did the assignment, however I feel that if I was in high school again, my literature teacher would probably give me a “C” on this and tell me she has seen pigs give a better effort, (yes she actually told me this..wrote it in red ink on a final paper) Ahhh, how I miss those days. Well, what do you think? You are my readers…what do you enjoy more from me? Forced word vomit or speaking from my heart in a more natural setting?
And now a little ditty..love me some Jude..
The breeze cools my skin, as your breath takes me in
I loose myself in your eyes, a gaze to contend any prize
They are blue as the ocean, and warm as the sand
Fiery as the sun, setting on the land
As twilight lays its blanket across the sky
I feel your hand upon my thigh
As you pull me in to your embrace
We have never been this close, face to face
I want to taste your lips on mine
Your salty sweetness, so divine
My heart has quickened, to a much faster beat
And you are sending shivers from my head to my feet
When my head stops spinning and our eyes meet once more
I know you are mine, to love…forever more..
I recently visited my mom. My semi-annual trip I take to “Hell”. Before you get all judgmental and say I am lucky to have a mom, blah blah blah, I DID have a mom, and I called her Grandma, before she passed away. Anyways, with all of the things I went through as a child with her, she is still my mom.
Moving along…she has kept I think, every bit of scrap paper I ever wrote on as an adolescent. Every news paper clipping, doodle..she has it. Browning, and moth chewed, she still possess it. On the most recent venture, she bestowed unto me a journal that I had written in class during middle school. One of those “prompt” writing lessons. Ya know, the kind that the teacher wrote a short sentence to get the juices flowing in your brain for first period. Then, you wrote down the answer, or statement of opinion sort of thing.
What is cool about this, is that my daughter is currently in middle school. She is a few years younger now, than I was when I wrote my entries. Makes me wonder what her responses would be, would they be similar…or different? So, here I will share a few with you. Feel free to answer along with me. These were statements and opinions of a 13 year old girl…would you have agreed with her 20 years ago?
- Feelings about this Middle School – This is my first year here and I like it a lot. I get to ride the bus again and see other people. I was home schooled for 7th grade. I’m making a lot of new friends and I like my teachers, too. I guess what I like about Taylor the best is that nobody cares what you look like or who you hang out with, they just leave you alone. – how innocent I was back then, but still true to myself to the end.
- Safe or Not? – Yes I do feel safe at here because people aren’t hassling you or trying to make trouble. The teachers are nice and they don’t make you feel stupid or that you don’t belong. – prior to this school I was home schooled for a year after I was left for dead at my 6th grade middle school when a bunch of gang members jumped me. My mom was a sub, and turned in some of the female students for smoking pot. They had their boyfriends take it out on her 11 year old daughter.
- I think good communication is important in a family because... – You have to understand each other no matter what relation you have with the person. The only way people will know you by is your actions and the way your physical appearance looks. That’s how most people categorize other people. – Hahaha!! I was trying my best to convey what I meant, you get the gist…right?
- A time I wanted to be left alone to think.. – One day after my grandfathers death I went to my room, closed the door and thought about life. How things grow, and then die. How things are young then one day old. I guess that day, I really learned a lot about life. – deep stuff for a young’n…even then, I knew the frailty of our lives.
- Describe your personality and your families personalities.. – I am pretty nice most of the time, unless I am in a bad mood. My family is nice to other people but mean to me, at least I feel that way about them. What I mean is that they say one thing to me but something totally different to another person about me. – I don’t know about you…but was I a total Emo kid??? My family taught me what I knew about the meaning of two faced.
- Changes – I would not change anything about myself because I like the way I am. There isn’t any tiny itsy bitsy thing about me that I don’t like. – confident chick right there...
- Some of the ways I express my Individuality are… – The way I look, talk, act, and dress. I think even if we tried to be like someone else we couldn’t because there is something special about all of us that singles us out. If we would be the person we were made to be, then we would feel great. – modern day philosopher right there..missed my calling I think..
Some pretty silly jabbering of a teenager, however, it is the innocence I want you to look at. Or, maybe not…By the age of 13, I had gone through more than some have in a full lifetime. My young body carried an old soul in it. It was pretty cool to see these, plus many other entries that I will spare you. My thoughts and feeling haven’t changed, just the way I articulate it.
I know this post is far from my norm..but..opens a few doors to some of my future posts. Stay frosty out there…I got your six..